It is the role of the Product Designer to design process equipment and create facility layouts consistent with GasTech design and process standards, and including all client specific design requirements. This position uses solid modeling to create the detailed designs, generates the manufacturing drawings and bills of material, while preparing all ancillary relevant design documentation in support of performing the client contract.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret/incorporate requirements in the RFQ/Client Specs
- Create solid models, parts & assemblies of all products
- Develop detail drawings of all product models for manufacturing
- Able to route all piping and skid assembly parts to ANSI Codes
- Knowledgeable in fitting, welding and assembly processes
- Design all structural skids, vessel parts and internals
- Performs tolerance analysis to ensure manufacturability
- Knowledgeable of ASME, ANSI, AWS and OSHA Codes
- Able to understand electrical drawings, piping ISOs, P&ID’s
- Knowledgeable of proper valves, instruments & controls
- Able to use drawing vaults and version controls
- Knowledgeable of documentation change controls
SolidWorks 3D, CADWorx, or Plant 3d experience is preferable. Manufacturing experience is highly desirable. Experience in an ISO 9000 environment is suggested.